Normal Modes' team of user experience experts provide prioritized, actionable analysis of your application or website, customized to address your business needs - anywhere in the project lifecycle.
Overview, Benefits & Timeline
Each company has its own set of issues (and none are immune.) Without naming names, here are some of the most common challenges we encounter:
- High unexplained call volumes after a major redesign.
- Company needs to improve UX to grow or become more profitable. (UX is only competitive differentiation.)
- Internal politics resulting in ground war between two ideologies, and productivity is the main casualty.
- Need to improve usability in response to major customer complaints.
- How to most efficiently recover from a botched platform migration?
- How to increase team member appreciation and understanding of user needs?
- Users report application is too difficult to use, but project is at risk of going over budget.
- User mutiny and revolt. (We couldn't make that up!)
- After another project didn't go well (late, over budget, or both), the team wants usability baked into the process for the next project.
- Business stakeholders disagree with technical team about what's "usable."
- Organization has hired an agency or software development company and would like a 3rd party review of work.
- Agency/software development team wants outside review new client's existing infrastructure, usually an independent "report card" of as-is to measure against "to be" in order to demonstrate value.
- Department has extra dollars to spend at year-end and wants to lay groundwork for the next year.
Normal Modes's recommendations provided insight into Acuity for the customer's enjoyment and the business benefit. It was the combination of business savvy, thorough competitive analysis, and usability ideas that set them apart. This exposed several easy ways to immediately improve customer experience and major changes we could work on in the long term. We were even more impressed when all this was completed and delivered in under a month!
We've seen an increase in paid signups (but stable free signups) after the smoother in-line upgrade notifications. Also, support emails have decreased!
Gavin Zuchlinski, Acuity Scheduling
Approximately 2 pages, 1 expert review, 1 site/application, completed in 1 business day
Approximately 7-9 pages, 1 expert review, 1 graded heuristic evaluation, 1 site/application, completed in 3 business days
Approximately 20-25 pages, 1 expert review, 1 graded heuristic evaluation, 1 site/application, certificate of usability evaluation, completed in 10 business days
Approximately 40-60+ pages, 2 expert reviews, 3 graded heuristic evaluations, up to 2 sites/applications, certificate of usability evaluation, completed in 21 business days
All fees are prepaid.
All packages include:
Reporting Meeting, including a 1-hour call with key stakeholders to review findings